About company and its owner
Company MWS Consulting was established at the begging of 2016 in Warsaw, Poland.
It’s founder and owner is Marek Szczepański, Ph.D.
Marek is experienced manager and advisor. His main area of expertise is programming and implementation of public policies in the fields of regional and local development, entrepreneurship, SME support, labour market, urban revitalization and development.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw and MBA studies at the International Management School in Warsaw. Marek obtained PhD degree in management at Kozminski University in Warsaw.
Marek has over 20 years of professional experience including over 17 years in the positions associated with the EU funds programming and distribution.
He is one of the most experienced experts in EU funds in Poland, specialising in financial instruments.
Before starting own business Marek was Deputy CEO at Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu S.A. (Industrial Development Agency JSC – the state-owned development company).
In years 2009-2015 he worked as Managing Director in Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (the state-owned development bank), responsible for implementation of projects co-financed by EU funds under 2007-2013 programming period with total value of approx. EUR 1bn.
In years 2007-2009 Marek was CEO at PSDB Ltd., a consulting company specializing in advisory services, evaluations and trainings in EU funds’ area.
In years 2003-2005 he was the Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Economy and Labour. He was responsible for supervision of several EU operational programmes 2004-2006, labour policy and tourism policy.
He also worked in the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy and the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development as director of units responsible for EU funds.
Marek is experienced trainer and lecturer in the area of EU funds.
MWS Consulting offers broad range of specialist consultancy services in the following areas:
- programming and implementation of public policies for: regional and local development, SME support, entrepreneurship, urban revitalization and development, labour market
- programming and implementation of complex training and advisory projects, including projects financed by international organisations
- tailor-made trainings and coaching
- monitoring and assessment of programmes and projects
In recent years Marek Szczepanski and his company MWS Consulting have implemented number of advisory and training projects, including:
Advisory services for Alior Bank (Alior has been selected as the financial intermediary for financial instruments (loans) under the 2014-2020 Digital Poland OP and Regional OPs) – ongoing cooperation since Dec. 2016
Since June 2017 - Programme Manager for “Loans for Learning” project implemented by Regional Development Agency in Starachowice; project - financed by the ESF – is one the rare examples of using in Poland “repayable assistance” http://inwestujwrozwoj.pl/en/
Expert in the project “Setting up of a National Development Bank of Romania“ (implemented by PricewaterhouseCoopers under European Commission Structural Reform Support Service). Project’s objective was to create a detailed and evidence-based foundations for creation of development bank (March. – Nov. 2018).
Main expert in the update of ex-ante assessment for financial instruments in ‘Rural Development Programme 2014-2020” conducted by PwC for European Investment Bank and the Polish Ministry for Agriculture and Rural Development (March. – Sept. 2018).
Since June 2018 - Member of the Investment Board for financial instruments in Lubuskie Region: group of experts advising Managing Authority of Regional Operational Programme 2014-2020.
Speaker at training workshops “EU Funds for small and medium-sized enterprises operating in Poland” for Ukrainian entrepreneurs, workshops - conducted in Lviv, Chernivtsi and Khmenlnytskyy - were organised by PPV Knowledge Networks Limited under the project EU4Business (July – Sept. 2018)
Speaker at several training seminars on EU financial instruments organized by Lexxion Publisher mbH, including:
- “Essentials of Financial Instruments” (Dec. 2018, London)
- “EU Financial Instruments: Equity, Quasi-Equity, Loans and Guarantees” (Oct. 2018, Barcelona)
- “How to Use Financial Instruments Effectively – Key Features and Practical Advice” (June 2018, Rome)
- “Setting Up Effective and Compliant Financial Instruments” (March 2018, Amsterdam)
- “EU Financial Instruments: Equity, Quasi‐Equity, Loans and Guarantees” (Nov. 2017, London)
- “Advanced Summer Course on EU Financial Instruments: Current Challenges for Set-up and Management” (July 2017, The Hague)
- “Advanced Seminar Financial Instruments: Selection and Cooperation with Financial Intermediaries” (April 2017, Rome)
- “Implementation of Financial Instruments in Cooperation with Financial Intermediaries” (in-house training for SID Banka) (May 2016, Ljubljana)
- “How to Implement Compliant Financial Instruments in 2014-2020 and Beyond” (March 2019, Nice).
Merit coordinator, speaker and moderator at several trainings on EU financial instruments, organized in Warsaw by J.W.Consulting http://www.jwconsulting.pl/ . Topics covered during the trainings (organised since 2016) included inter-alia: set-up of financial instruments, update of ex-ante assessment and investment strategy, selection of financial intermediaries, control and audit.
Advisory services on programing and implementation EU financial instruments for SID Banka - Slovenian state owned development bank (Aug. 2017 and Dec. 2016)
Speaker at international seminar „Are governance reforms really transforming the State in the Republic of Kazakhstan?” organised by the OECD in Astana (Sept. 2016)
mobile: +48 502 323 963